I got the inspiration for a To-Be-Read Jar from Lala (of BooksandLala YouTube channel).
Basically I have 12 prompts and I pull one from a jar at the start of every month and I read a book based on it.
This is really just to give me an excuse to buy new books almost every month and to give me a boost out of my historical fiction rut (I do like my rut though, it has quality brocade and jousts). Some people do 12 books they want to read in the new year, Lala did 12 prompts, I have a bit of a mix. It’s not an even mix, I actually think there is only one book named outright. I stole some from Lala’s list and made some up on my own.
- Read a book about biracial characters
- Read a book with a one word title
- Finish a series
- Read a book you’ve never finished
- Read something from your Goodreads tbr shelf
- I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
- Read a 2015 debut
- Read something popular the you never wanted to read
- Read something on your shelf you’ve never read
- Read a book with 500+ pages
- Go to Goodwill, buy a RED book. Read it.
- Read a nonfiction
I will try to finish my current book today and then at midnight (actually at 1am when i get home from work) I will draw my TBR slip for January and pick out my book to start off the new year!