January has been fun.
I didn’t read as much as I wanted to but I guess that has more to do with the books i picked up and my crazy working hours than me 😛 I just want to make this post on the last day of every month to wrap up, talk about my TBR, talk about my book haul of the month, just TALK.
My January TBR Jar prompt was to read a book from my GoodReads To-Be-Read shelf. After narrowing it down I decided to read 1984 by George Orwell which I did and loved!
I have a running goal to read 3 books a month this year. In January I started 6 books (5 if you don’t count a book of poetry as a book) and only finished 4 of them. I don’t count Jabberwocky, a collection of Lewis Carrols poetry, as being finished since I haven’t read every poem in it yet.
- Say Goodnight, Gracie by Julie Reese Deaver
- Jabberwocky by Lewis Carrol (Unfinished)
- Women of The Cousins War by Philippa Gregory, David Baldwin, and Micheal K. Jones
- The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir (Unfinished)
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Virgin Earth by Philippa Gregory
I didn’t buy very many books this month because I was busy reading all of my Christmas hauls 🙂 In total I bought 3 books but two were the same thing I have a problem.
- The Kings Curse by Philippa Gregory
- 2 copies of 1984 by George Orwell 0.O
I have already started buy books for next month though . . . There are two i really want to read and one for the next topic in this post!
There are a few things I want to talk about here; a NEW TBR Jar, and a NEW schedule!
So this new TBR Jar thing. That’s the most important I think. Well it all started because my bestie Sierra wanted to do the TBR Jar thing with me, problem is most of those prompts are ME specific and books she doesn’t want to read. Solution; make a second jar with prompts for both of us!!
This new jar has enough for a book every two weeks and we started last Friday. We each put in 11 prompts and we don’t know what the other put in. The first one that we are going to do is “Read a book about El Dia de los Muertos” and we have decided on a book of short stories by a variety of authors but edited by Angela Charmaine Craig called Dia De Los Muertos.
Next new topic is a schedule for this blog. I’ve noticed that I can have a few days to a week between books and I don’t want this blog to get stale SO I am implementing a TAG! Tuesday, Throwback Thursday, and a Weekly Wrap on Sundays!
- TAG! Tuesday: You all know this, each Tuesday i will do a book related TAG that I find somewhere. Tag me in some good ones or leave some of your own questions in comments (here of elsewhere) and I’ll answer those.
- Throwback Thursday: I will pick a book I’ve read in the past and do a mini review on it!
- Weekly Wrap Up: Short post talking about what I’m reading this week, what good tags I’ve seen, what I hope to accomplish next week. I won’t do one tomorrow since, ya know, I’ve done this today 🙂
I do believe that is all! Sorry for the wordy post but I’m excited for the changes happening next month!