I was NOT tagged in this, i really am not all up in the book blogging community which i should change. I found this tag over at Katytastic YouTube Channel. I’m loving her recently.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
So basically how do I live my life? Yeah, so i just read things at random. I have a vague idea in any given moment what I will be reading next but it really depends on what is within arms reach when i want to start reading. I’ve started buying books faster than i can read them which is good because now there are new books just surrounding me so it’s easy to find books to read.
Other than that i try to give priority to my TBR Jar challenges.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
If I got halfway through I will push on and finish, clearly I didn’t hate it THAT much because I made it quite far. If I don’t like a book I know pretty soon, like page one. I dropped 50 Shades of Grey after the first paragraph and The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir by page 70.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Yes. I forsake life and just read. I will have to go to work but other than that I’m pretty good at saying “Fuck life” and binging books. Por exemplo I binged A Song of Ice and Fire in 20 days.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don’t. I do not handle this. I buy a matching copy. i own multiples of books for this reason. I am planning on buying newer versions of books I don’t even care about so that they will match.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Okay, here we go. My name is Tarina and I did not like The Hunger Games. I also did not like 50 Shades of Grey.
There I said it. I mean i hated these books (granted I binged The Hunger Games over a weekend because a friend was forcing me to the first movie and I had to read them in advance). Everyone LOVED these books, they were just head over fucking heels. I had picked them up as soon as I heard about them but I put it down by page one. I didn’t like the writing style, it was bad. It was young. It could have been better. I didn’t like it.
I usually just mumble to myself about how most books that get hugely popular are written at about an 8th grade reading level and one of my favorites is The Three Musketeers so i can’t cope ya’ll.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I don’t cry during books. I have thrown fits (and thrown books), i have yelled, squealed, laughed, exclaimed, all of the feels verbalized except tears. But long story short I just do it. I read on the train and all those loud ass people are not going to interrupt me experiencing my book to the fullest.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Re-read it. I will be re-reading at least A Dance with Dragons when Winds of Winter comes out.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
“I don’t lend out books.”
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Read Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie or The Three Musketeers. Those are my go to books that make me NEED to read all the things!
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
As many as I can afford.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Until i get around to them. Usually I read them as soon as i get them but I did just discover a cache of books in the closet that I bought a year ago and never read. Oops. Those Who Save Us was one of them.
Enjoy my TAGS! I TAG! all of you. Do it!