1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I get sick just from riding in a car, I’m one of those unfortunate people that can do EVERYTHING RIGHT and I still always get motion sick so sometimes I say “Fuck it” and read anyway.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Ellen Hopkins. It feels like a cop-out answer and you’d understand if you ever pick up one of her books but I’ve never read any other novel written that way. Not necessarily in verse but. . . Well kind of.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer?
I haven’t read either but I do at least own Harry Potter so I guess that’s my answer. So why do I own one and not the other?
- I have no desire to ever read Twilight but I have a small curiosity about Harry Potter
- Twilight ruined Vampires and I was raised on Blade and Underworld movies
- I’ve seen the first Harry Potter movie and didn’t hate it
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Oh man here we go!
- Glass half gallon “Moonshine jug” of water
- Primal Pit Paste
- Cocoa Butter lotion
- A compostable fork
- Lemon essential oil
- Ginger candy (for motion sickness)
- Phone Charger
- So many receipts and old bus passes
- Like $5 in pennies
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I always appreciate a well placed illustration. It add just a little something to the beauty of a book.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
A lot of the Phillipa Gregory I read as a young teen. I love her but it’s just not the best quality out there.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
My teachers used to confiscate my books but that’s not funny so much as an indicator of how broken our education system is. Sorry i don’t give a shit about this thing you’re teaching that at 22 I won’t even remember, I’m busy learning about history, or censorship, or culture, or maybe I’m just having a good fucking time.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
I don’t have shelves right now and I’m sad about it but I’m going to take a guess and say For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide / When the Rainbow Is Enuf by Ntozake Shange
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Again this is a guess but it’s almost certainly Under The Dome by Stephen King
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Yes i do write. I used to entertain the idea of publishing one of my novels/short stories but I’m content to just be another blogger.
12. When did you get into reading?
In utero? My family is a family of readers, from the day i was born my grandmother always read to me and the moment I could understand the words on my own I have been reading.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Yes? I was great at it but it would be a close call between that and history.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
This is why no one gets me books anymore! I usually just thank the person and et them know that I have read it and that I have no trouble taking it back for an exchange. Most people are good sports about that.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I have no idea honestly.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Fluff my hair and talk to my cats.
18. What is your favorite word?
Fuck. Fucking. Fucker. Fuckery.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I am most certainly a nerd. I can nerd out on a variety of random topics!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. I really love nature magic and fairy tales. I have so many books about fairies!
21. Shape-shifters or Angels? Why?
In books? I’m not really into either, I can’t remember a book I’ve read that dealt with either.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. I’m not about spirits and ghosts. Nah, I will take my chances with a demon wolf and some silver stakes before I mess with the spirits of the dead.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires, zombies are getting pretty played out. Though I loved The Girl with all the Gifts. I also just read Fevre Dream so vamps are on my mind.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. I don’t get that love triangle shit, it bothers me so much. It usually ends up becoming a huge plot point and then of course the main character has to chose in the end which is irritating and not realistic. It is possible to love more than one person and it’s possible to love people in ways that don’t mean they have to be your lover (I am side-eyeing the fuck out of Avatar: The Last Airbender right now. i know it’s not a book but DEAR GODDESS does it make me angry!). There is never a reason for a love triangle to arise and not be resolved with all parties benefiting. You don’t just stop loving someone because you decide to be with someone else. Ugh. I’m done.
But Zutara all the way, in case you didn’t catch on.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Either or. It depends on what I’m in the mood for but i tend not to pick up a book whose sole plot point is a romance. It’s not the idea of a romance that bothers me but the execution tends to suck ass.
I tag everyone as always!!
So I’m just going to pretend like it hasn’t been 5 months since my last post. I do have some updates though:
- No more videos for the foreseeable future. I no longer have a camera of a computer
- I’m going to try to get back into writing reviews, i have been reading again which is nice
- I am making a goal of doing a TAG a week again so at the very least that will be a thing!
- Also follow me @VolumesOfForgottenLore on Instagram. It’s sad now but I’m getting back into it soon 🙂